Monday, October 13, 2008

The Thirteenth


Went to the wood shop to build model of box.... Yeah, that didn't work out so much. I bought a cork board, but that is definitely not going to hold up against a band saw. I am resorting to building the mock-up in wood with the theory that it will actually be made out of cork. I will probably do a digital rendering as well and apply a cork texture to it.

So, above is my box concept. All sizes would be exactly the same so that they could form a perfect cube. The edges would be sliced at 45 degree angles. The top picture is a view from above, how the pieces would fit together. Then, once the person has finished drinking the tea, he/she could take the box apart (it would be held together by water soluble glue?). The pieces could fit together on a flat plane (next diagram down). The person could use the cork panels as coasters (individually) or hot pads (multiple panels put together, like in the last diagram).

And I have to think about the VIP stuff that Natacha wants. Hopefully that will be as "quick" as she says it will be. I'm not going to just slap my logo on a letterhead and call it a day. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Natacha Poggio said...

Ahhh, definitely, I don't want you to just slap your logo on a letter size page, there has to be some thinking involved, of course...

Have you considered your cork packaging made in a way that is is assembled together without the use of glue? Fitting each side into each other to form your "box"...